Sunday, January 31, 2010

award

It's the last day of January, thank god. I know I've been complaining lately, but I'm starting to feel trapped... I need to sit outside. And I need to be able to turn my face to the sea and stand for a while and not get frostbite. In short, it needs to be warmer.

Today I'm going to finally respond to an award I was tagged with weeks ago (apologies) by the lovely Oh, French! Her blog is very pretty and I admire her thinking so I'm very honored she chose me :)

Ok, the requirements are that I tell 7 things about myself and tag 7 other bloggers, so here goes:

1. I am totally and irrevocably in love with the sea outside my window. I was born into it and now it has me, I'll never be able to leave. I could never live somewhere landlocked because I couldn't live without the smell of the salt on the breeze and the wind whipping my hair around my face. It's a part of me and I'm a part of the sea.


2. Sometimes I get a little too detached from reality and I... I sort of create worlds for myself. Have you ever seen the movie The Science of Sleep? My life's like that sometimes. When I see something that touches me, I put it in my world. It's full of strange things, like these for example. Maybe I'll tell more about this world sometime.
3. This morning I had a delicious variation of a
croque madame for breakfast. Sort of made it up on the fly, but it turned out incredible!

4. I'm obsessed with this video by Sigur Ros- it's so beautiful
5. I have a rather important track meet today and I gave blood yesterday (kind of a dumb move) so I hope that doesn't affect how I run!
6. I often stop to think about how lucky I am to live in the present. Many people let their lives go by wishing that they were older or younger. I remind myself that 5 years ago, I wished I would be 17. Now I am, so I better be happy about it. In another 15 years I'll be wishing I was 17 again so I'll enjoy it now
7. None of my friends know I have a blog.



Hope that wasn't too rambling!!! ok, so the seven people I'd give this to are the seven lovely people who have chosen for some reason to take an interest in this blog. Thank you so much, you are all very wonderful!
xoxoxox


1 comment:

  1. Hi there.
    I just started blogging.
    None of my friends know I have a blog too ;)
    I like it that way.

    well, tata
    Raia

    ReplyDelete

<☮>