Tuesday, August 31, 2010

call to study




I've gone away to school dears, far away to the mountains where Autumn kicks up her skirts early and whirls round and round with old man Winter until they two collapse in a pile indistinguishable. The twilight here feels, as if its always known you, and the buildings watch over us as they have for countless generations. Tradition is the most important thing you can have and the ghosts hold it tight. They creak through the abandoned mill across the river, faithfully blowing their mournful horns, a call to work, though no one answers but us anymore. We go to class with ghosts, go to sleep, eat with them, as many as the living here; the city even a ghost of its former self, struck down by the new age of computerization.



2 comments:

  1. I hope school goes well for you dear, and that you enjoy the crisp autumn.

    and oh Midsummer Night's Dream would be amazing! ah! that is the one regret I have of living in a small town, the lack of good ballets. thank you so much for recomending a certain Odette in swan lake, excuse my lack of knowlege but which company is she with? I'd love to know when I actually end up getting to see it. truely though if i ever am in new york I would be fully content with spending every moment in a theater crying over the shear beauty of it all.

    love, Clara

    ReplyDelete

<☮>