Monday, May 16, 2011

the effectiveness of rain


Missing you is getting easier. I only thought about you 57 times today (I know because I kept a tally on a scrap of paper in my pocket) as opposed to over a hundred times yesterday. If I keep going at this rate, decreasing by almost half each day, I know I'll never get to zero, but by the time you get back I'll hardly miss you at all!



Maybe if it were sunnier I wouldn't be having such a hard time. But since it's cold and wet all I want is to curl up in your arms and hear your heart beating so slow and deep.  It's amazing how powerful that one muscle can be... to gather up enough force with one perfectly timed contraction so that it can push all the blood in your body through each tiny capillary, and then bring it back. It's amazing how acutely such a strong thing can be hurt, by as cosmically microscopic an incident as, say, you leaving.

4 comments:

  1. This is exactly how I feel today. Thank you for saying it so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful words. With a touch of melancholy. Just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog! Love that hot air balloon image.

    http://blog.badjoan.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is as beautiful and lyrical as ever. Hope you are keeping well. Xx

    ReplyDelete

<☮>